Memory Impairment goes by many names, with Dementia and Alzheimer’s being the most common. It’s invisible, takes those we love away, and is frightening.
At Tribute at Heritage Village, we have a devoted community of Resident Assistants who assist seniors with mild to advanced memory impairment.
These professionals understand that there is a person yearning for connection, relevance, and normalcy. Their impairment bewilders them and they are subject to a reality only they experience.
There are no cures for these impairments, but methods have been created which help Resident Assistants align themselves with whatever the resident is experiencing. When successful, residents feel reassured, calm, and not so alone.
Our goal at Tribute at Heritage Village is to enrich each memory impaired resident’s life with meaning and purpose whenever possible.
- Controlled access for the safety of the residents – The community is kept calm by not allowing chaotic traffic in.
- It’s Never 2 Late Software – This tool can help the memory impaired explore personal interests while experiencing cognitive stimulation.
- Luxury Suites – Unlike ordinary Memory Care communities, these suites are just like the ones in the rest of Tribute at Heritage Village; private, soothing, and comfortable.
- Calming environment – The area is designed with soft colors and simple flooring patterns to avoid confusion for the residents.
- Family style dining – Mealtime with friends provides normalcy.
- Memory Boxes at each suite – These digital boxes display the people, places, and events significant to the resident.
If you are unsure about the need for Memory Care, please contact us. We will provide an assessment to help you know the level of care you need for your senior family member.
Please contact us today to answer your questions or to set up a tour.